Trending

May 23, 2009

How to select a good title for your blog


By on 10:10 PM

Choosing a title for your blog is no rocket science but I tell you that it could turn out to be more complex than that. I have been blogging on Computers, technology, Software , Blogger Template,Blogging,How to blog, Web 2.0 so I wanted to have a title that could justify and be relevant to the subject of my blog. Therefore I ordered my brain to think of a title, in fact the best title. The very first title that came to my brain was Digital Lines and few others were Digital Labs, Explore IT, Digital Living, Digital Works, And Digital Webzine. I like Digital Lines and Digital Living both but there were blogs with the word digital and i don't wanted to look my blog title copied form somewhere. Now I will tell you why I chose the title Make My Blog for my blog.

Here is why:
1.What I think that for a blog the title should justify the content of your blog. The title of a blog should be descriptive enough to tell you about the content of the blog. The title Make My Blog is descriptive and relevant the content of my blog.

2.As I would be writing about How to Blog,Blogging template,Computers, Technology, Blogging, Software, Web 2.0 therefore the title Make My Blog truly justify the content. My aim is to create an aptitude for the web 2.0 Websites rather giving a how to guide or tech tips.

3.I was looking a title that is descriptive,small, easy and relevant to my blog content and I think Make My Blog is perfectly did that. Having a small title does keep your domain name shorter so that readers have to type less text in browser window. But when I was creating my blog the blog domain with this title was not available and I had chose another name (techieway) in my domain address leading my blog domain a bit longer i.e. www.techieway.blogspot.com. I will have my own domain (i.e. Make My Blog) in future, I hope so.

4.And most of all I chose the title Make My Blog because I like it. I tell you that no reasons can justify a liking. In fact liking is beyond any reasons and therefore I strongly suggest you to follow your heart in case you are a bit confused about selecting a title.

Subodh Raghav

Subodh is a tech savvy guy who is blessed with the art of Blogging,He love to Blog day in and day out,He is a Software Engineer and a Certified Web Enthusiast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment